Appeal and Grievance Policy
The purpose of this policy is to establish a process for students to express and resolve misunderstandings, concerns, or grievances they have with any staff member or school policy or procedure in a prompt, fair and equitable manner. Any student believing that he/she has been unfairly treated by a staff member, or wishes to appeal a policy or procedure has the right to submit a appeal, complaint or grievance.
The procedure for doing so is as follows:
- Student must attempt to remedy the problem directly with the staff member it concerns.
- If the problem cannot be resolved in the manner described above, the student then submits a letter of their appeal, grievance or complaint to the school owner (or designee) within ten (10) business days of the date of the issue. The letter must include the following information:
- Students first and last name, student ID number and program in which they are enrolled.
- Student’s full mailing address and home and work telephone numbers.
- Statement of the basis for the complaint/grievance.
- Outline of the steps taken to date to resolve the issue.
- Remedy being requested.
- A complaint/grievance letter will receive a written response from the school owner (or designee) within five (5) business days of receipt of the students letter.
Every possible effort will be made to mutually agree upon a final decision. If no satisfactory solution can be made, the student has the right to contact the Washington State Department of Licensing and/or NA.C.C.A.S.