Clinic Floor Policy
While on the Clinic Floor:
- Clients always come first
- Always be courteous, respectful and patient with your clients and fellow students
- Refusing a client is not an option for anyone at any time (without a valid reason cleared with an instructor)
- Before any client service begins, students are required to consult with an instructor
- All client services will be checked and corrected, if needed, by an instructor. This is a learning environment and our clients are aware of this. We will always give you comments in both your strong and weak areas, thus helping enforce the learning process for you. You are expected to pay attention to this “constructive criticism” and know that it is never our intention to embarrass you. Victoria’s Academy has a high reputation within the community in regards to student services and our intention Is to maintain this reputation. Students will be required to watch and ask questions while the service is being checked. It is your responsibility to make sure that an instructor checks all services performed on clients before they leave, unless other arrangements have been approved by an instructor
- Your client is your best form of advertising, make sure their appointment with you is a pleasant experience
- Students are responsible for keeping current with their daily appointment schedule. Schedules are subject to constant change, without notice
- Students will not congregate at stations, front desk, dispensary or reception area
- Students are to come to the front desk only for the purpose of picking up service slips, greeting or checking out clients. Students are not allowed behind the reception desk without permission.
- No eating or gum chewing
- Students may have only water in bottles at their stations
- Students are not allowed to discuss matters with another student’s client
- The noise will be maintained at a professional level
- Students teaming together for services on one client must have permission from an instructor
- Students are expected to practice on their mannequins if there are no clients to work on
- Students are to give their clients their undivided attention. Students are not to interrupt other students when they are working on a client and are not to engage in conversation with other students while working on clients
- Students are not to change or move appointments without the permission of an instructor
- Cell and/or pagers should NEVER be used on the clinic floor. The use of cell phones during school hours, unless in the theory classroom for school purposes with the instructors knowledge, on a break or during lunch, is not permitted. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! A cell phone may be on vibrate while in the students pocket but must not be answered anywhere except in the student lunchroom or while on break. If this is not respected the cell phone will be taken and kept by a staff member until the end of the day
- Except to communicate with clients or in the case of an emergency, students are not to make or receive telephone calls at the front desk.
- Always remember, even when you are not at school, to watch your comments regarding your clients. You would be surprised at how small the world really is and how easy it is for distasteful comments to reach the ears of your clients. It is important to maintain your professionalism in school as well as out in public.
- The solicitation of gratuity is forbidden, however, if received it is the responsibility of the student to report to the IRS.