Victoria’s Academy has a Washington State Department of Licensing approved externship program. No more than 10% of their state approved hours may be used for this program and the salon must be properly licensed.
The following criteria must be met for students who want to participate in the externship program at a salon or spa and have passed their senior testing.
- The student must have completed at least 1530 hours for cosmetology, 1125 hours for esthetics, or 990 hours for barbering, 1305 hours for hair design and passed their senior written and practical exams. Esthetics students must have passed their NCEA exam for certification.
- The student must maintain 76%or better in practical, theory, and 89% attendance for the entire time they are enrolled at Victoria’s Academy.
- The student must set up an interview with the perspective salon they are interested in. It is suggested to take a cover letter, resume, and portfolio with you to the interview.
- The student is required to attend any and all theory classes at Victoria’s unless theory is completed.
- The student is allowed to extern Monday through Friday and report back hours on Fridays.
- Students are not allowed to attend school, the salon or a combination of both for more than 8 hours a day.
- The student must turn in a weekly signed hour sheet from the salon showing what they have done during the week and the hours they were at the salon. The student must also write a brief report weekly of how the externship has benefited them.
- The student’s attire for the externship will be determined by the salon. When in school the student must wear their scrubs according to the school dress code.